To develop the most diverse pool of scholars and leaders of tomorrow, Washington University is committed to creating possibilities for budding researchers, leaders and innovators through scholarships, internships and fellowships.
Washington University established the Ervin Scholars Program to help create a more diverse community on campus. Recognizing the intellectual, leadership and service achievements of American students, this program supports students who demonstrate their commitment to bringing diverse people together. U.S. citizens who apply to any undergraduate division may also apply for this program. Students selected as Ervin Scholars are expected to participate and engage in organizations and activities on campus and in service leadership projects in the community.
Whether it is Ervin Scholars or one of our myriad other scholarships, internships and fellowships available, opportunities for funding support are also part of the efforts that make up our academic pipeline.
A listing of available programs includes:
- Buder Scholars Program
- Buder Scholarship for American Indian Law Students
- Chancellor’s Graduate Fellowship Program
- Danforth Scholars Program
- Institute for Public Health Fellowships & Internships
- Internships and Career Center Stipends
- John B. Ervin Scholars Program
- Olin Business School MBA Dean’s Scholarships, including U.S. Military Veterans Scholarships
- Olin Fellowships for Women in Graduate Study
- Rodriguez Scholars Program
- Washington University Internal Fellowships
- National Scholarships and Fellowships, such as the Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship Program, and City Year, providing funding for students of diverse racial, cultural and economic backgrounds
- The School of Engineering & Applied Science Fellowships for Graduate Students
- Alexander S. Langdorf Fellowships in Engineering and the James M. McKelvey Undergraduate Research Award in Engineering
- Other Scholarship and Fellowship Programs
Some funding support opportunities for these programs include: