Preparing tomorrow’s leaders is central to our mission at Washington University.
A diverse academic community is critical for an institution that is preparing leaders for a global economy and an increasingly diverse world. Our academic pipeline programs are designed to attract students to fields in which they are underrepresented so they can matriculate as thought leaders in their chosen fields.
Academic pipeline programs are a critical part of our blueprint for diversity. Through these programs, Washington University is supporting and preparing students from a variety of backgrounds to enter leadership positions within research and higher education. A more diverse WashU today is creating a more diverse academia for tomorrow.
- Signature Scholarships and Fellowships
- Alberti Program
- Catalysts for Change
- College Prep Program
- Each One Teach One
- Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society
- Washington University Summer Engineering Fellowship (WUSEF)
- Joint Post-baccalaureate Program (JPP) in Mathematics, Physics, and Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Leadership Alliance
- Math Alliance
- Medical School programs for high school students
- Meharry Medical Summer Research
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship
- Olin Business School Early Career Professional Development Workshop
- The Pipeline to Support K-12 Education