IDEA FIT is a two-day institute that offers faculty from across the disciplines an opportunity to learn about and develop evidence-based strategies that can foster inclusion in teaching and learning. The 2017 institute will take place May 24-25, 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., on the Danforth Campus in Seigle Hall, room 106.
To apply, and to review the institute schedule, please see The Teaching Center website. Alumni of IDEA FIT 2016 will be invited to participate in IDEA FIT 2017 on the afternoon of May 25th. The application deadline for IDEA FIT is April 10. We welcome participation by faculty from all schools.
Supported by the Office of the Provost, IDEA FIT has been designed to provide Washington University faculty with the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on inclusive teaching practices and approaches. The institute will include working-group sessions as well as interactive workshops on topics such as the following:
· Creating an Inclusive Learning Environment
· Understanding Bias and Its Effects on Teaching and Learning
· Facilitating Challenging Conversations in the Classroom
· Designing Inclusive Course Objectives and Assignments
· Fostering a Growth Mindset